Community Education and Support Services (CESS) – Full Terms and Conditions
CANCELLATION OF INDIVIDUAL LESSONS BY STUDENT OR GUARDIAN
Individual lessons can be cancelled by the student or the guardian but will not be refunded or rebooked at a future date. Lesson fees pay for the chosen time slot each week regardless of attendance and are reserved solely for the student named in this contract. Students or guardians may permanently cancel lessons at any time with two weeks notice. Reimbursements will be made for prepaid lessons cancelled with two weeks notice.
CANCELLATION OF INDIVIDUAL LESSONS BY TUTOR
CESS or it’s employees or contractors may cancel lessons by giving 48 hours prior notice to the Student in which case no fees shall be incurred for the cancelled lesson and a credit will be noted to the student’s account and reflected in the next invoice.
Fees are calculated according to the times stipulated in the schedule and no adjustment shall be made for time lost because of late arrival by the Student.
Any lost time because of the late arrival of an employee of Community Education and Support Services shall be compensated for by extending a lesson by mutual agreement and by such amount of time that was lost.
CANCELLATION OF LESSONS AND TERMINATION OF CONTRACT
This tutoring contract may be terminated by either party at any time by giving the other party at least two weeks prior written notice. Written notice can be delivered in hardcopy or via email or other electronic delivery. Reimbursement will be made of prepaid lessons that have been cancelled with a minimum of two weeks notice.
PAYMENT OF FEES
FEES PAYABLE TO THE TUTOR
Fees shall be calculated at a rate of $40.00 per hour of tutoring, and $20.00 dollars per half hour of tutoring for professional tutoring unless otherwise specified in a contract of services. A tutoring session must be a minimum of one hour, but may be billed in half hour increments after the first hour. No further fees shall be charged for traveling or preparation time of employees of Community Education and Support Services unless additional services have been requested by the student (18 and over) or their guardian and outlined in the contract.
TERMS OF PAYMENT
- Payment in full is due on the last day of each month prior to receiving services.
- Community Education and Support Services will submit an invoice to the client on or before the 21st of each month, in the month prior to the services being rendered. Payment is due on the last day of each month prior to the month in which the services will be rendered.
- For mid-month enrollment, fees will be calculated for the days remaining in the month on which services will be rendered and an invoice will be issued for the calculated amount. Payment for mid-month enrollment fees are due immediately upon receipt.
- Note that services will not be provided until payment of fees has been made. There are no exceptions to this practice and CESS will not schedule a tutor to work with a student whose fees have not been paid.
- All tutoring session time slots are reserved solely for the student named in the contract and must be paid in advance of services being rendered regardless of actual attendance as outlined above in the section entitled “Cancellation of Lessons by Student/Guardian”.
- As outlined above in “Cancellation of Lessons by Tutor” a tutoring session may be cancelled 48 hours in advance by Community Education and Support Services or the individual tutor and a credit will be issued on the next invoice.
Payment can be made by etransfer, cheque or cash.
- Etransfer are sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cheques are made payable to: Community Education and Support Services
- Cash may be paid in person at which time a hand written receipt will be issued to be followed by receipt from our accounting system via email within 48 hours of receipt.
- A receipt for etransfer and cheque payments will be sent via email from our accounting software within 48 hours of receipt.
Payment by an approved third party payor
Some students will have pre-arranged third party payor for their fees. The payors may have their own invoicing and payment schedules and terms that do not fit with CESS terms of payment.
When CESS has agreed to work with a third party payor, we will follow the schedule and billing as set out by those third party payor organizations.
Parents and guardians will need to determine the third party payors terms for missed or cancelled tutoring sessions and to make arrangements to pay for missed sessions if their payor does not cover these fees. All conditions for cancellations and missed sessions apply to third party payor accounts.
NOTE: A third party payor is an organization that has contracted CESS to provide tutoring services. The third party payor must be approved by CESS and does not include family members, community members or donations. Payment by family members, community members or donation must be made following the regular terms of payment outlined in the section above.
NOTE: When a third party payor is responsbile for the payment of fees tutoring services will begin once confirmation of contract is received by CESS.
OBLIGATIONS OF Community Education and Support Services AND IT’S EMPLOYEES
- The employees of Community Education and Support Services undertake to do all preparation prior to lessons and to structure lessons in such a way as to optimize time to the benefit of the Student.
- Community Education and Support Services and it’s employees shall keep confidential all information of the Student and shall contact other parties involved in the education of the Student only if given written permission by the Student or Parent/Guardian to do so.
- Community Education and Support Services and it’s employees shall at no time be required or obliged to execute homework or assignments on behalf of the Student.
OBLIGATIONS OF THE STUDENT
- The Student undertakes to assist the employees of Community Education and Support Services in identifying problem areas in which the Student needs specific tutoring.
- The Student agrees that assignments, exercises or homework form an integral part of tutoring and undertakes to complete such work in a timely manner.
Community Education and Support Services and it’s employees make no promises or warranties with regards to a Student’s performance as a result of any tutoring provided.
STATUS OF Community Education and Support Services
It is expressly understood that the Student or Parent/Guardian retains the services of Community Education and Support Services as an independent contractor and not as an employee. Community Education and Support Services shall be responsible for their insurance and for all statutory declarations and contributions with regard to income tax.
RELAXATION OF TERMS
No relaxation, indulgence, waiver or release by any party of any of the rights in terms of this agreement on one occasion shall prevent the subsequent enforcement of such rights and shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any subsequent breach of any of the terms.
This agreement constitutes the entire understanding between the parties with regard to the subject matter thereof and the parties waive the right to rely on any alleged, expressed, or implied provision not contained herein. Any alteration to this agreement must be in writing and signed by both parties.
Where the Student is a legal minor, the Parent/Guardian shall enter into this tutoring contract on behalf of the Student and shall accept and agree to all the terms and conditions contained herein on behalf of the Student.
Minors under the age of 11 and over the age of 11 if specified below, will not be allowed to leave a tutoring session without an authorized pick-up person present.
The Parent/Guardian can add additional pick-up people at any time so long as written notice is given to an employee of Community Education and Support Services which must include the name of the new pick-up person and the Parent/Guardian’s signature.
Where the Student is a legal minor who is 11 years of age or older, the Parent/Guardian may give Community Education and Support Services and it’s employees permission to release the Student after a tutoring session without an authorized pick-up person present. Permission is assigned on the CESS contract for services.
Additional Safety Considerations
CESS takes the safety of the student very seriously and we have put the following in place to ensure the students are safe while being tutored.
- All CESS employees and contractors who will be working with students have completed a recent Criminal Record Check for working with vulnerable populations.
- Parents or caregivers may attend all in-person and online sessions and may go into the tutoring offices unannounced at all times during their students scheduled session.
- Parents or guardians may request a google hangout video call be active throughout a tutoring session so that they may view the tutoring session from a remote location.
- Employees and contractors at CESS have been trained in appropriate and respectful relationships with co-workers, employers, parents and guardians and students.
- Students, parents and caregivers may contact the main office email and phone to pass along messages to individual tutors.
- Tutors will only meet with students at the CESS office or online for pre-arranged tutoring sessions. Tutors will not meet with students outside of scheduled sessions or in other locations in the community unless pre-arranged by the parent or guardian for on-site learning.
- CESS has a zero harassment policy and all complaints will be followed up and dealt with immediately.
- Fire exits have been marked and all fire escape routes have been mapped and are posted in the front office.
- All staff and contractors have been trained in the safe evacuation of the building and know where the rally point is in the case of fire or other emergency.
- Emergency numbers are posted in the front office.
- A basic first aid kit is on site with easy access.
- Students will arrive and leave from the front of the building at all times, the back alley entrance will only be available in case of emergency.
- Students under 11 years old will be picked up by an approved pick up person.